From SMS Wiki
Sending an SMS via SOAP (HTTP)
EnterpriseSMS API uses SOAP to authenticate requests and send SMS messages. Sending of SMS messages is done in two steps:
- We strongly recommend SOAP method as the input and output variables are strongly typed, however at times using HTTP POST or GET is the only option. HTTP GET should, however be avoided as it is fraught with problems (string length, encoding issues, etc).
- When using HTTP POST, be certain to retrieve the result of the request as it will contain valuable data that will assist in determining the message state.
- To see a full set of functions that are available for sending SMS, please visit http://api.upsidewireless.com/soap/SMS.asmx
- Customers that prefer SSL connection please use the following base URL: https://secureapi.upsidewireless.com . All other features and examples are identical
- NEVER use IP address to make API calls as it may change without notice. Always use domain name